How much is too much when it comes to decorating your venue? Check out our handy guide on where to splurge – and save – on your wedding décor.
1. Lighting – nothing invokes a mood of romance like pretty lighting. Think tiny white lights strung on branches, paper lanterns blowing in the breeze and mix-and-match vases adorned with flickering scented candles
2. Floral entranceway – Often a focal point for photos, splurging on a pretty floral entranceway is an investment you won’t regret. Tip: use the same floral entryway for your ceremony and reception and you’ll save on your splurge too!
3. Chair covers – keep your theme consistent by choosing chair covers in a colour or pattern that matches the feel of your day.
4. Glassware – find fun, funky glassware to match your beverages – colourful tumblers for water, embossed metallic champagne flutes and beautiful wine glasses will all set the tone for a tasteful, glamorous wedding.
5. Marquee – this can be a serious splurge, but a stunning marquee is a sight to behold. Marquee hire options are increasingly diverse, with premium and VIP hire options available to create the marquee of your dreams.
1. Cutlery – don’t feel pressured to hire silver cutlery when stainless steel will suffice. Guests focus on what they’re eating, not what they’re eating with!
2. Flowers – flowers are a beautiful and necessary addition to any wedding, but they don’t need to be of the uber-expensive variety. Save on floral centrepieces by using fresh, homegrown flowers and leave the splurge for your bouquets or entranceway.
3. Chairs – save on furniture by choosing a more basic chair option and keep your splurge for pretty chair covers that relate to your theme.
4. Favours – while favours can look cute and add another element to your tables, don’t feel you have to go all out with personalised gifts for each guest. A simple place setting with a creative name card is the perfect way to save your budget for other necessities.
5. Photo sessions – while a designated spot decked out with an eclectic mix of furniture and accessories looks great, it can eat into your budget. Instead, enlist couple of friends to be your unofficial photographers on the day to ensure you get the candid shots you want.