It’s a special day, so it’s important to capture it with care. Here’s how to get the most out of your photography spend.
- Make the time to meet potential photographers before the day, so you can look over samples of their work and check that your personalities and ideas for the images mesh. If you’re comfortable with the photographer, you will get the most out of the experience.
- Be organised and set aside more than enough time for photos. If you run late getting ready, you could miss out on getting the most from your photographer.
- Amanda Wignell suggests giving guests the option to contribute to the cost of your wedding album – a great idea for those who are stuck looking for the perfect gift.
- Ask your photographer about the packages they have available – many of them offer discounts, says Penny Towns from Inspire Photography. ‘And you may find that you don’t need all the bells and whistles that come with the higher priced options.’
- If your budget is really tight, Penny suggests sourcing a recent graduate from your local university’s photography programme. To check that they’re up to scratch, suggest a trial photoshoot – or engage a candidate in their last year of study as they’re more likely to be experienced than a ‘rookie’.