Celeb engagement news, new issue sneak-peek and a fab bridesmaid get-together idea – all in this week's Bridal Buzz!
There are few moments more romantic than your wedding day, but it’s safe to say the ballet comes very close. Treat your bridesmaids to a special night out and experience the breath-taking beauty of The Royal New Zealand Ballet’s Allegro, from July 30 until August 23 at theatres across the country. The show is a captivating powerhouse of five dynamic ballets from leading international choreographers: Allegro Brillante by George Balanchine, Les Lutins (‘The Goblins’) by Johan Kobborg, Satellites by Daniel Belton and Mattress Suite and Megalopolis, both by Larry Keigwin. With tickets starting at just $30, we think the ballet makes for the ultimate pre-wedding girls’ night out. Visit rnzb.org.nz.
Long live the olive
Olives have been a provider of food, skincare and medicine since ancient times and we love that Auckland’s Simunovich Olive Estate is now bottling up this powerhouse ingredient so we can all reap the benefits at home. Here are the top five reasons we’ve fallen head-over-heels for olive-based skincare:
- Olive oil is rich in vitamin E, minerals and fatty acids, which help to deeply moisturise, soften and revitalise the skin.
- Olive leaf extract is renowned for its potent antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal benefits – so dosing up during the winter months helps keep your health, and skin, in check.
- Olive leaf extract is rich in antioxidants – so much so that it’s shown to have an antioxidant capacity 400 per cent higher than vitamin C, helping to rid the body of free radicals that damage skin cells.
- The flavonoids and oleanolic acid in olive leaf extract help fight the signs of aging by assisting in the regeneration of connective tissues.
- Olive kernel powder – a natural exfoliant and cleansing agent derived from olive seed – helps prevent skin aging and hyper pigmentation while buffing off dead skin cells.
Introducing Courtney Cox’s engagement bling: following a proposal from her Snow Patrol beau, the former Friends star posed with friend and jewellery designer Jennifer Meyer who (like any good bestie who also happens to be a jewellery designer would) created the micro diamond/platinum sparkler. She took a snap with Courteney, ‘grammed it, then captioned her pic with "I guess he liked it so he put a Jennifer Meyer ring on it!! Xo #Johnny #Courteney #jennifermeyer #engagementring”.
Prepare to be inspired: our Winter issue hits shelves Monday! It’s 208 pages packed with gorgeous gowns, beauty tips and expert planning advice, PLUS comes with a 32-page bonus Groom’s Guide. Can’t wait ‘til Monday? Get a sneak peek behind the scenes here!
Light it up
The seating plan is sorted, party favours have been ordered, but have you thought about how you’re going to light up your soiree? Your choice of lighting is key in creating ambiance, so forget about the florescent tube lights inside your reception venue because they just won’t do. If you have the ability to alter the light fittings, consider bringing in a couple of intricately detailed chandeliers to dot across the ceiling. Tall, elegant candle sticks will also add a sense of glamour and by choosing robust, thick candles you’ll get hours upon hours of burn time. For a much more subtle approach, light each individual table with tea light candles in glass holders. Your guests will love the soft, low lighting, especially as the evening progresses.