Thought your papier-mâchéing days were over the day you graduated preschool? Think again.
1. Tape two balloons together to create the top of the heart and add a long strip of lightweight cardboard to form the bottom.
2. Attach a ribbon at the top – you’ll use this to hang the piñata.
3. Cover the heart with papier-mâché (thin strips of newspaper dipped in weak glue). Leave to dry.
4. Cut a window in the piñata and burst the balloons inside. This will create a space for you to fill with treats.
5. Wrap the piñata in two layers of crepe paper and decorate it with scraps of vibrant tissue paper, ribbon or colourful paint.