Palette inspiration alert! Breathe new life into pretty pastels with unexpected colour combos and eye-catching embellishments.
- Add interest to a simple napkin by tying it with a ribbon and topping it off with a flower bud, leaf or jewel.
- Mix and match items such as tea cups filled with succulents to use as guest favours.
- Use your cake to create maximum impact at the reception. Choose ivory icing with bright-coloured motifs or fresh flowers, and attract attention by prominently showcasing it with a spotlight.
- Add depth to a mono-coloured bridesmaid ensemble by featuring multi-hued blooms in their hair or bouquets
- Keep your wedding look timeless by choosing only one accent colour, such as turquoise, and offsetting it with graphic patterns and clean backdrops.
- Use about one third blue, as more than that can become overwhelming.
- Look for interesting items and ornaments at garden centres and on Trade Me to bring some character to a clean and calm environment
- Honour someone special, such as your grandmother, by securing an antique brooch to your bouquet
- Adorn your bridesmaids with silk flower corsages - they make lovely keepsakes.