Smooth legs, underarms and bikini lines are undisputed bridal must-haves. It doesn’t matter whether your dress is long, short, strapless or sleeveless, you’ll feel considerably more feminine on your wedding day (and night) when you’re flawlessly groomed. There is a myriad of ways to remove unwanted hair, but if longevity of smoothness tops your wish list, forget quick-fix razors and unruly wax strips. Instead, allow us to introduce your new best friend: laser hair removal. We probed experts Caci for an introduction to the treatment – having been in the game for 20 years, the top Kiwi clinic knows the secrets to getting smooth skin.
1. Laser hair removal disables hair growth by heating the hair follicle with pulsed light.
2. To remove the hair, you’ll need to book appointments every six weeks over the course of a year.
3. At each appointment, gel is applied to the area before a laser machine pulses the skin.
4. Depending on the area being treated, appointments usually last between 15 and 30 minutes.
5. Most people say laser treatment is not as painful as waxing – the laser machine uses Variable Pulsed Light technology to target the hairs. You’ll feel a ‘zap’ as the machine pulses, which lasts for a split second before it moves onto the next section.
6. The best candidates for laser hair removal are those with dark hair and light skin – determine whether the treatment will work for you by booking a consultation with a reputable clinic which offers initial consultations for free.
7. How long the hair removal lasts depends on your hair – ask your clinic about their hair-free guarantees. Caci, for example, offers a two-year assurance period in which any post-treatment, unwanted hair growth can be rectified free of charge.
Sick of the body hair battle? Book a free consultation with Caci to see whether laser treatment could be the end of your stubble troubles.