When adding the finishing touches to your ceremony and reception, beckon guests close by decorating with pretty petals and touch-me textures.
While it’s referred to as your big day, it’s often the little things at your wedding – a sweep of lace or a collection of vintage china – that make your décor unforgettable. Define your aisle style with a harmonious colour palette. Instead of using a choras of colour with contrasting hues, blend various shades from one colour family. Pique your guests’ interest by enhancing your your colour theme with pretty petals or touch-me textures.
- For delicate hints of old world flair, stack vintage china – think teacups and saucers – featuring flower motifs on tables and shelves around your reception.
- Bring floral fantasies to life by adding a sprinkling of fragrant flower petals to your invitation envelopes and include them with your thank you cards.
- Make a statement with something that’s designed to last well beyond the day such as a heart-shaped wreath made of olive leaves, berries and blooms.
- Your flower girl will look adorable in a floral headpiece – use petals that feature in your bouquet for a look that’s as cohesive as it is creative.
- Add interest to a single-layer cake by topping it with textured swirls of icing.
Touch me textures
- Bring subtle colour and shine to your décor with small flourishes such as tying ribbons around your guest book and menu or decorating with beautiful buttons.
- Secure your bridal bouquet with a long piece of lace for an ultra-romantic twist.
- Soft touch: Cover your guest book with embossed wallpaper.
- Rustic charm meets modern polish when you mix wood with streamlined silver.
- Add dimension to a neutral palette by layering lace on tables or a feature wall. Alternatively, give depth to tables with engraved stemware or ribbed plates.