A feast for the eyes as much as the taste buds, these tasty little treats make for the ideal guest favor.
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 120C.
2. In a dry glass bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt to form soft peaks.
3. Add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking until the mixture is stiff, and the sugar has dissolved.
4. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the mixture and spoon onto a try lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for about 3 to 6 hours, or until the meringues have set.
6. Turn off the heat and leave them in the oven overnight.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.